Learning to drive can be a daunting experience. I will not try to rush you during your lessons but a gentle push may be required! I am here to assure you with a relaxed atmosphere so that you will be able to deal with any situation with confidence. All lesson times are tailored to suit your needs and can be for an hour, hour and a half or two hours. As there is only one of me, I can't offer intensive courses! Depending on my other lesson commitments, I may be able to offer you more than one hour a week.
You will learn to drive in my Renault Clio which has a manual gearbox, air conditioning, ABS, power assisted steering and, of course, dual controls! You will be driving on ALL types of roads in the Chichester and surrounding area, at all times of day or night and in all kinds of weather, to prepare you for Real, Every Day driving.
When you feel confident with your driving, why not bring along a friend or a member of your family? This should help you get used to having other people in the car with you.
Chichester Driving School hub. Videos and aps to help with your lessons.
For an idea on what to expect during your lessons.
The first 10 hours.
- Main controls, M.S.M. Moving off and Stopping
- Recap 1st lesson, then minor controls and more moving and stopping (Turning Left?)
- M.S.M. and Turning Left (and Right?)
- Turning Right. (Turn in the road?)
- Go for a drive in the country. Use of mirrors.
- Turn in the Road and town driving.
- Town driving and Left Reverse.
- Left reverse and turn in the road.
- More driving around in the Chichester area, including reversing.
- Roundabout theory and practice.
The above list may change slightly. For example, if you live/work close to some roundabouts, it would be more practical to move hour 10 up the list slightly!
The next 10 hours (and beyond).
By now, you should be able to use your mirrors confidently, change gear, slow down and accelerate smoothly, whilst being able to plan ahead and anticipate the actions of other road users. The subjects covered next will include;
- How to deal with pedestrian crossings.
- Parallel parking.
- Bay parking.
- Emergency stop.
- A27/Dual carriageway driving to Arundel and Havant.
- As many 'Dodgy Junctions' as I can think of (including the A27 roundabouts).
- Driving to Bognor Regis or somewhere other than Chichester.
- Reversing practice.
- Night driving (when possible).
- Independent Driving.
This is a rough guide and in no particular order. We will not attempt anything if you don't think you are totally ready, but sometimes a little push is needed...........
At this time of year, all of the above can be done in the dark!
All of your lessons are about learning new skills, gaining confidence and experience week by week, to prepare yourself for every day driving on today's crowded roads. Therefore, if there is anything you want to practice more often, let me know.
All of the above, except specific junctions, are covered in the handouts I can provide, enabling you to study at home.
Don't forget that driving is supposed to be fun! So if you're not sure about anything, please ask.
Driving is all in the mind. You might find this website interesting. One final thought. Believe Nothing, Trust Nobody!
Please do not hesitate to give me a call. You can contact me on 01243 787248, text 07415 281393 or via the form on the contact us page, and I will get back to you as soon as possible.